Thursday, December 24, 2009

Should I exchange my new shades?

So guys,

I need your help once again...

(and I promise, I'll try and get a few short post in before I do another long one :-/ )...

I got my new shades today, and now I am not sure how much I like the them. I think part of my problem is that I tried on another pair of more traditional aviators and fell in love with them...You see, this isn't the first time I have had a dilemma  when it comes to aviators.  I shall take you through this love/hate relationship pair by pair so that you can help me decide what to do...


 
These are very similar to my very first pair of aviators. They were MARC JACOBS--the only difference is that mine were completely black, and had "MARC" written on ones side and "JACOBS" written on the other. I stalked them for a good 6 months because I didn't want to pay $350 for them--it paid off when I got them for $120. I returned them about a week later because they didn't block sun like I wanted, and I hate when people can see my eyes through my sun glass lenses.




I was honestly in LOVE with these MARC JACOBS aviators, the problem is that they were not practical at the time of purchase. When I returned the first pair, I saw these and bought them with out thinking. Like their predecessor, they too were originally $350ish and I got them for 100 something. When I bought these, I also bought a pair of Oakley sunglasses (the clear Jupiter) for my summer job because they were kind of my school colors and I was an orientation leader, plus I knew I'd wear them on game days at tail-gates. I ended up liking the Oakley sunglasses more, and only work the MARC JACOBS on St. Patty's day, and like one other day. SO, you guessed it...I took them back...




 These are the GUESS? shades I blogged about a few days ago. I just got them today, and I do honestly like them. But I think I like them because they remind me of my second pair of MARC JACOBS while still remaining somewhat true to the aviator look.


 
 These are one of the pair of GUESS? shades I tried on the other day when I blogged about my problem/obsession. I've tried these on at work EVERYDAY since discovering, and all my co-workers love them. We are, in some ways, closer than family there, so they would not think of sparing my feelings when it comes to purchases.

What to do, what to do, what to do!? I love both GUESS? pairs, and they would be worn with COMPLETELY different looks. And none of them look like my other pairs of shades. I am kinda kicking myself in the butt for not getting the second pair on the day the store went 50% off.

Thanks for baring with me... I really do love you all's input.

Ebb

Sources: hisunglasses.com/ / marcjacobs.com/#/en-us/home / shop.guess.com



2 comments:

  1. you have to get the ones you've been trying on daily! its a sign! and they're fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-D haha... my thoughts exactly! there is only one pair left, so I decided that if they are there my last shift before I go back to Gainesville, it really is meant to me. haha... can't wait to see what you think about the watches I've been eyeing.(That post will be up soon.)

    ReplyDelete