Both women I am dressing for DC will be working in the more conservative circles on The Hill, so I tried to keep that in mind while playing with looks. I basically thought of everything I, or any other well-dressed man, would wear on The Hill, and made it feminine. (As mentioned, these girls will be in more conservative circles, but that doesn't mean we can't take a little tongue-in-cheek to their look, and make them stand out for all the right reasons!)
Before you jump on me...
- The flip flops are used when going from one building to another--there is no way a girl could do DC in 4 in. pumps, and live to tell the tale.
- The bag is actually 14in. x 13in. x 6in. so they can use it as a place to keep documents--and the pair of shoes they aren't wearing.
- TIME magazine-or any other intellectual publication-IS A MUST for any DC commute. ("Small talk" in DC is a whole different ball game, so you have to stay on your toes."
- Smart phones truly are a must! (How are you suppose to keep up with your schedule AND the schedule of someone else simultaneously? A traditional planner is also a must-we'll just say its in the bag for now. )
- I purposely chose a metal watch over a leather watch because I believe using a leather watch will make the look TOO masculine and TOO old.
- Glasses are truly anyone's best friend; whether prescription or personality, they give people what I call "smart points" off the bat.
Sources: Click the name of the look, and a link will direct you to the polyvore site where the polyvore itself is deconstructed with links to the websites I got the content from.