Sunday, April 18, 2010

Why did I think this would be an easy project?

I definitely bit off a little more than I thought when I decided to create and analyze feminine adaptations of masculine looks. After a great deal more work than planned, I have complete the second look of my project. I call this look, "The Senators' Daughters".

 The inspiration behind this set is the classic suit. True, women have a version their own--as we should all be aware of thanks to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton--but these adaptations are much more youthful and  flattering versions of the pantsuits (literally) seen around the world.

Before you jump on me:
  • The jackets are more fitted,shorter than the traditional jacket because it is more  flattering and age appropriate than the traditional jacket. 
  • I went for a more modern pant because the women I am dressing are in their early twenties, and should not have to suffer older-women pants EVER. 
  • The "Oxford Bootie" is PERFECT for The Hill! Who cares if you have to search high and low to find them-someone seriously screwed up when they stopped that trend and I hope they read/see this.
  • I threw flats into the look, because once again, it's more practical to wear flats in the streets/when in commute, and to wear pumps when inside/walking short distances. 
  • Both bags are of ample size to carry documents and shoes in. 
 Now that this post is done, it's time to start yet another one. Be on the look out for another post!

As always,

Happy blogging,

Ebb

Sources: Click the name of the look, and a link will direct you to the polyvore site where the polyvore itself is deconstructed with links to the websites I got the content from.

No comments:

Post a Comment